The 8th International Symposium on Digital Earth 2013 (ISDE 2013) will be held in Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia from 26th – 29th August 2013. This symposium is an important event of the International Society for Digital Earth. The theme “Transforming Knowledge into Sustainable Practice” aims to enable digital earth modeler and experts in the field of geospatial science and technology to provide a brand new opportunity to share their ideas and insights on how we share knowledge and act together globally.
The abstract deadline submission has been extended till 31st March 2013.
To register, please visit: http://www.isde2013kuching.com/on_reg.php
All accepted papers will be published online in IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science with high visibility and indexed in Scopus, El Compendex and Inspec. Selected papers will be invited for review for special issue in the International Journal of Digital Earth, Indexed in SCI-Expanded, with impact factor 1.083 (2011).
- Digital Earth Vision and Innovation
- Earth Observation Technologies
- ICT Technologies (including Spatial Data Infrastructures)
- Empowering the Community, Engaging Society
- Digital City and Green Cities
- Digital Heritage
- Population Growth and Infrastructure Development
- Adapting to Global and Climate Change
- Land and Water Management
- Early Warning, Emergency Management and National Security
- Mining, Energy and Resources Development
- Natural Resource Management and Agriculture
- Health and Biodiversity
Final Call For Abstract 31 March 2013
Call For Full Paper Deadline 31 May 2013
Early Bird Registration Ends 30 June 2013
Normal Registration Opens 01 July 2013
Full Paper Acceptance Notification 31 July 2013
8th ISDE Symposium 26 – 29 August 2013
For more information, please visit the Symposium website at:
A Workshop entitled “Digital City & Green Cities: Towards Urban Sustainability” will be held in conjunction with the Symposium on 26th – 27th August 2013.
The overall objectives for this workshop is to increase awareness among policy makers and planners on the benefits, scenarios, challenges and potential of digital city in achieving urban sustainability. Specific objectives for this workshop are to:
- Share information on research and applications studies that have demonstrated the use of the elements sustainability
- Address the principles and mechanism for enhancing national, regional and international awareness of digital city concepts in achieving sustainability.
- Identification of research activities and implementation those are more relevant to the needs of decision makers in international, regional, national and local levels.
More information can be found at: http://www.isde2013kuching.com/workshop.php
Summer School Programme
A youth programme is to be organised at UNIMAS, Kuching, Sarawak on 23 – 25 August, 2013 hosted by the Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) and Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS).
The summer school will provide participants with an educational experience;
- To understand the vision for Digital Earth technology and approaches in addressing issues of sustainability
- To demonstrate geospatial analytical tools, including image processing of remotely sensed data and GIS software to indentify, quantify, and report on priority rural planning information, and to develop sustainability scenarios for rural development through laboratory and field investigations using geospatial tools.
More information can be found at: http://www.isde2013kuching.com/youth.php
Sources: http://www.isde2013kuching.com (8th ISDE Symposium)
http://www.isde2013kuching.com/youth.php (Summer School)